What to do before class:
3. Visit your the police department’s website (in the town you reside in) to download their instructions for completing the pistol permit application. Or you may visit their records office to pick up a paper copy.
3a. Don’t have a formal police department? Please visit your first selectman / selectwoman’s office.
5. Click here to view a short (5 minute) video on the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). A representative may be in on the day of your class to speak to you about their membership
What will you need on the day of class:
1. Please arrive on time. Anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late will be excused from class and asked to pay a rescheduling fee.
2. Although Marijuana, in the State of Connecticut, is legal to use for both Medicinal and Recreational purposes, handling of heavy machinery should not be done while under the influence of alcohol or any narcotic. A firearm is considered heavy machinery. If any staff notice the scent of marijuana on you upon arrival to class, you will be excused from class, regardless of the reasons surrounding the odor of marijuana and/ or alcohol.
3. Bring a valid government photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, State Issued ID, etc.). This is required.
4. Wear closed toed shoes (sneakers, boots, no sandals). This is required.
5. Wear a crew neck shirt (no V-necks or low cut shirts). This is required.
6. Wear clothing suitable for training in any weather, as we may either be at an indoor or outdoor range.
7. Transportation: We will be traveling from the class to a gun range, which will be a 15 – 20 minute drive from the class. Please arrange your own transportation during this time.
Optional offers available on the day of class:
An on-site notary for your application ($10.00).
Passport photos are also available to purchase ($10.00) if your town instructions states that submission of photos are required.
Additional firearms are also available to shoot ($20.00) during the live fire portion and may be purchased that day.
Same day discounts on future classes.
Lastly, you will be loaned a pair of eye protection and ear protection during the course or you may visit our pro shop, during your break, to purchase your own. Prices range from $13.00 through $55.00 depending on make, models and styles. These optional offers will be further explained during the class.
Payments may be made using cash, checks, or credit/debit cards on the day of the class.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All deposits and payments are non-refundable. Any class dates unattended by the participant, or cancelled within seven days from the date of originally registered class, are transferable with a $40.00 rescheduling fee.