Goldeneye Training Academy
Goldeneye Training Academy offers premium instruction regarding CT Pistol Permits, Security Guard, Armed Guard training, and private pistol instruction.
Whether you’re entering this arena to begin a hobby or are seeking advanced instruction, Goldeneye Training Academy has something for everyone.
Are you looking to provide personal protection for a loved one or yourself, want to enter into competitions, seeking employment? You’ve come to the right place.
Are you seeking employment in the security industry and need to obtain your certification? Are you already in the security field and want to expand your knowledge-base and credentials? If so, you have also come to the right place.
Our staff are professional firearms, security and medical experts who have been employed in different levels of the criminal justice and medical industries for decades.
Our classes are held in Orange, CT however we can also hold a course, depending on the course sought and number of participants, at your location!
Below are our staff and their backgrounds. Please take a read to get to know them better.
Below are some credentials held by our staff
- United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) Training Counselor and Certified Instructor (Basic Handgun, Concealed Carry, Home Defense)
- National Rifle Association (NRA) Certified Instructor (Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Inside of the Home, Personal Protection Outside of the Home)
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
- United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) Certified Range Officer
- American Heart Association (AHA) Certified First Aid, CPR & AED Instructor
- American Red Cross (ARC) Certified First Aid, CPR & AED Instructor
- Certified Security Instructor: State of Connecticut – Division of State Police
- Certified Firearms Instructor: State of Connecticut – Division of State Police (P.O.S.T.)
- Police Combat Systems Certified Instructor (O.C. Spray, Police Baton, Handcuffs)
- Sig Sauer Academy Certified Instructor (Pistol)
- International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
- Federal Commissioned Officer
- NRA Patriot Life Member – Endowment Level
- Connecticut Citizens Defense League (CCDL) Member
- International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member
- United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Life Member
As Seen on TV
Went here for two training courses, more as refreshers than new instruction. Instructors were excellent and had great new perspectives. The courses just flew by. Especially excellent if you are new to the area, as Joe and Jeannine have a lot of connections to good people in the healthcare and self defense industries of Connecticut. They deserve the reviews on here. – Jonathan
Took my pistol safety class at this fine facility. Instructors made what would be a long a boring class engaging and fun. They addressed any and all questions. I will be returning very soon to take advantage of all their other classes and benefits. Also pricing is beyond fair you get more than your money’s worth. – Kevin
Took my first aid/cpr/blood born pathogen/aed class with them and loved it. I was engaged and tentative the whole time. If the teacher, Jeannine didnt have the answer off the top of her head she was able to get it with out the help of google.
I would recommend them to anyone needing any of their courses…. – Victor
I went through Goldeneye Services for my blue card recertification and the triple certification package (handcuff, baton, and oc spray) and I was very impressed. Out of the numerous instructors I have trained with in the past, Mr. Joseph Porto has by far been the best. He is a very hands on and helpful instructor. His instruction methods are very informative and very good at holding your attention due to his passion for his work and his experience. – Brian
The way Joe spoke and got all of us involved in his content delivery. He was a bad-ass, he held the room’s attention with his style of instruction. I now know how to hold a gun in a safe position at all times and how to effectively check when a gun is unloaded by looking down the chamber through the grip as well as placing my finger in the chamber and feel down the barrel. I liked his attention to detail.