HOW TO OBTAIN THE CT SECURITY OFFICER IDENTIFICATION (GUARD) CARD?
Obtaining your CT Security Officer Identification (Guard) Card in Connecticut could be a tedious process, but a rewarding career awaits you on the other side. Here’s you will need to do to obtain your CT Security Officer Identification (Guard) Card. Basically, complete the following steps:
- Meet the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, a citizen or resident alien of the United States, and have not been convicted of a felony or sexual offense
- Complete the Security Officer Certification Class:
- This is a one-day course that qualifies you for a CT security guard license (CT Guard Card)
- The course typically covers topics such as criminal justice training and introduction to first aid basics
- Submit the required documents and fees:
- After completing the certification class, you will need to submit the necessary documents and fees to the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
- This includes a completed application form, fingerprint card, and two cashier’s checks or money orders, one in the amount of $75.00 and the other $13.25, payable to the “Treasurer, State of Connecticut”
- Undergo a criminal history background check:
- A background check will be conducted on all applicants to determine their eligibility for the CT Guard Card
- Receive your CT Guard Card:
- Once your application is approved, you will receive your CT Security Officer Identification (Guard) Card, which is valid for 5 years